Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Death and Life

I just got an email telling me one of the professors at my school passed away today. I've had him for multiple classes and he is (I guess it's was now) my adviser. I'm in such shock. He's pretty young, just had a new little baby last summer, has a couple other kids, and a wife. He's always so helpful and nice and always in his office. I saw him over the summer and need to go in and talk to him about graduating this spring and now he's gone. I'm just in utter shock. I know everyone has people in their life that pass away, but I feel like I've had more than my fair share. I was not close to him, but I knew him pretty well and always got help from him. I feel for his family. I know how hard it is to lose a friend, and they have the loss of a father and husband. I think he was some kind of a Christian. He was an awesome guy and I can't believe he's gone.

It's hard to concentrate on studying with something like this. Life is so short, it's so hard to wrap your head around that. Please remember his family in your prayers. I know they can use it.

One life has just been snuffed out. It's a horrible cycle, life and death. I am so thankful for that promise in I Corinthians 15: 51-55:

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

No comments:

Post a Comment