Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just Another Day

Am I blogging too much? Probably. But since I went through major withdrawals from not blogging for nearly 8 months I think I'm past due for some more *boring posts.

But, I had a couple funny things happen today at work that cracked me up and I just had to share.

Only at the library will you see a **grown lady sitting on the computer for her allotted 30 minutes of internet use, on Facebook, playing Farmville, no less...I heard her swearing and immediately looked over because I thought it was one of the kids. I saw it was this grown lady, playing Farmville, on Facebook. Apparently things weren't going so well. :P Then, after a while, she swore again, and said, "I don't have time for this!" I nearly laughed out loud. :D

And then, she came back again and did the same thing! Sometimes I wonder if it was a smart idea to have them allow people other than college students on Facebook. :P

Then, this older man came in to read the paper. He comes in every Saturday and is usually there right when we open. Today he was late, and he walked back to the newspapers and then came back, wondering where today's papers were at. I told him they were back there, or should be, so he left to look again. He came back in a big huff, still unable to find them. So, I went back there to look. Sure enough, they weren't there. So, I told him someone else had likely moved them. He got all mad and said, "I want to read the paper." So, I looked around and someone else was reading them. I politely told him and waited to see what he was going to do. Sure enough, he stalked over to the other man to see why he was reading "his" paper. :P I walked away laughing to myself. Some people are so self-centered. :D



*If you think reading long, not so well-written blogs is boring.
**Grown meaning over 40 and looking like someone's mom and/or young grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment