Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back to School

I had my first day of school for Fall quarter today. Boy was it a crazy day. I'm taking my last (hopefully) quarter of Chem! Also, Anatomy & Physiology with lab, a somewhat lame, somewhat fun Internet class, and a weight lifting class. Funny, I know, but I needed 1 more credit to be considered full time. So, ask me in December if I'm buff. Haha....

I was running a couple minutes slow this morning but not bad considering I had to leave at 7 am. But, upon getting to my car, I had to get my shoes out of the trunk. I have a hatchback, so the trunk door is quite heavy. Normally it stays open if you push it up all the way and hold it for a second. I did that, but today it decided to close on me, as I was leaning all the way in, so it got a lot of momentum going down and promptly slammed me in the back of the head.

That wasn't the most pleasant thing in the morning and it caused much frustration. Then, slow drivers...Don't even get me started. So, I made it to the bus with my head slightly damaged. I barely made it to class on time because some brilliant planners decided to have construction on the road going up to campus and had closed down 1 lane, leaving only 1 lane for 2 lane traffic. It's not the smartest thing they've ever done, let me tell you.

So, my class was ok. Then, I had to try to find my PE classroom for tomorrow. I went into the office there thinking that the office staff would surely know where things were in there. I waited 5 minutes while they laughed and talked while I politely stood there waiting for someone to help me. Finally, one of the ladies asked me, "Are you here for the entertainment or do you need something?" I thought she was quite rude. I had walked in while they were in conversation so I politely waited. They saw me and ignored me until then. Anyways, they couldn't even help me in the end. I tell you...what's up with staff @ WWU?

Then a 3 hour break...It'll be appreciated next week but was kind of long today. My phone died so I went back to my car via the bus to charge it while eating. The only reason I mention this is because the construction was indeed still going on, but this time, most of the workers had put on T-shirts and stood at either end of the blocked-off part holding signs, protesting something. So they stopped traffic for about 10 for no reason. Same thing happened going back up to campus. Sure was annoying.

Then, A&P and my CS class. My CS prof is originally French and is quite entertaining and so far has not sworn! I'm so impressed! There were plenty of opportunities for him to do so and he refrained. He even mentioned God twice in a sentence without taking His name in vain. I'm floored. :P

Overall, not a bad first day. A little crazy with so many kids on campus, though that'll die down after next week. But, getting smacked in the back of the head caused me to get this weird pain, and I felt dizzy & kind of funny. Probably not a concussion, but it sure was a hard hit.

As for tomorrow, I have my PE class and while I'm excited for it, I'm a little nervous about finding things in that building. Plus, I realized today that I'm the first believer to ever go to WWU and more than likely the first girl there to ever wear a skirt while doing any type of physical activity, with the exception of the cheerleaders. So, pray for me if you think of it. I'll sure need it. Oh, also, I need to switch 2 lab times so pray for some kind people to trade with me.

Sorry this is so long, but I'm sure you know me well enough by now to know I write lots. Hope you're not too bored. Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're a Blogger "blogger" now! ;) hehehe

    Wow! Quite the first day! Good luck with everything and with PE today. Hoping you find people to trade lab times with!

    ReplyDelete