Friday, September 25, 2009

Change

I was going through some of my posts on my old blog site and I see a big change in the way I write, what I write, and how I write. When did I get so calloused and cynical? What happened to my usually positive posts and encouraging words? I feel like this year was a big change, although nothing specifically caused that. I'm not looking to the Word like I was, not saturating myself with it like I was, not talking about it like I was. It's sad.

To remedy that, I'll just give a brief testimony of last night's service. It was amazing, totally amazing. I have felt so dry and out of sorts for the past few months. I come to church not expecting like I used to, not as prepared as I used to be. I am always blessed by what is said, but then after, I don't feel the same freedom and devotion like I used to have. I've been praying and asking God to break me out of that.

At camp this year, after one of the services, I was looking through my notes from church this year. We have had some powerful services and everything that was spoken is totally applicable to now. All the services were almost like a table of contents being spread out in front of us, telling us, "this is what you're going to go through this year." God totally prepared us for what has been going on lately, and I feel like we've missed it, at least myself anyways.

The whole atmosphere of the service last night was different. Normally I am tired and not always feeling like worshiping, but last night I was so excited to be at church and to be able to praise God. The service was amazing, exactly what we needed, and then the after service was totally wonderful. God knew we needed it, and He brought a victory for us last night. Prayers were going up, praise, love, adoration, surrender, etc. It was just amazing. God is restoring us back and I'm so thankful. I don't want any physical rain right now, but you know when the rain is pouring down and it just feels refreshing? Well, that's how it was last night. It was like God was raining down His presence and love on us and we just soaked it in, like dry, parched ground. I'm praying that we keep on watering and allow our fruit to start coming up.

We go through dry times as Christians, and it has been one for me, but God has brought refreshing rain down for us and I believe it's time to move on and have a time of revival and sprouting.

A quote Bro. John said last night that I loved: "God does a miracle to bring an understanding."

Last night was a miracle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment