Saturday, August 28, 2010

Children Are a Gift From the Lord


This past week I had the honor of nannying for a family from church. I love kids but it has been a while since I've babysat, although I don't really have a problem babysitting because it's only for the evening or one day. This however, was from Monday-Friday. I got to go "home" at nights, which was great. I stayed up at the camp all week and had my own house. It was nice.

The kids? They were precious. I loved them. I think they liked me. It was so sweet getting wrapped in hugs at random times and playing games with them. It amazed me how sweet kids are in the morning. I'm so used to adults being pretty crabby in the morning, I forgot how adorable and happy and sweet they are.

What I learned from this week? I never, ever, ever, want to have kids. At least not for many, many years. I know it's all different when they are your own and you have them one at a time (typically), and no, the kids weren't bad, but I was again made aware of how I am quite content being without children. :) Just the week before, I saw this adorable baby boy in the store and had the thought of stealing him because he was so cute. But, thankfully, the good Lord showed me how I need to wait a while (a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong while) before having my own kids (especially since I'm not married).

But, I did have lots of fun with them. I lost my camera so had to use my cell phone, which is having technical difficulties leading to major poor quality of the pics. However, every post needs some pics, so here you go:


Holding one of her many crabs


Not too sure about the water




Another of about 10 tiny crabs they caught

The 3 little munchkins. :)


Cool rock I saw. You can't quite tell, but the orange rock looks like it has 2 eyes.

Playing dress-up...One of the princesses

Another princess. :P It was his idea!

The other princess was "indecently clad" so I told her I'd not put her pic online, although she's pictured at the very top of this post.




All in all, a good, but very tiring and very enlightening week. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you can come babysit my twins...but yes, that is the good thing...you do not start out with 4 kids normally! It is nice that you had the evenings free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, awe Ruth :) I hear ya...
    Kids are just the sweetest things and its even better when you get to give them back :) Although I'm sure its different when its your own too. Sounds like fun though, I'm sure they loved you!

    ReplyDelete