Saturday, December 11, 2010

December

I thought November was busy...December is about twice as bad! It's been nice though, no time to think about the weather, which hasn't been all that bad.

Updates since last time:
  • Went Black Friday shopping. Got great deals, not quite sure if it was worth the lack of sleep though.
  • Had 4 days of training over 2 weekends. Wasn't the funnest, but at least I got it done.
  • Taught myself how to knit! And successfully finished one scarf. I will try to post pictures sometime soon. I've been too busy to take and upload pictures. It's been something I've wanted to do for about 10 years, so I finally sat down and taught myself how to do it.
For the most part, I've been enjoying getting together with friends, working, enjoying amazing services, and getting deeper in the Word, which has been amazing for me. Bro. Tim Dodds spoke some services a few weekends ago, I think I mentioned them, but maybe not. The series was called "The Man Within the Man, Within the Man." I've been struggling with some things for a few years, and since winter camp, the devil's been questioning my walk with the Lord. During these meetings, God met me in such a real way that I know I've been changed, and filled with the Holy Ghost, and the things that bound me for so many years are almost a distant memory. I've said words to that effect before, after some powerful meetings, but every time, satan comes back stronger, and I've given in. But this time, I've been feeding myself and I came to the realization that God loves me. That realization, during the after-service in one of the meetings was such a powerful revelation that I cannot, no matter how low I get, go back to where I was before. It's amazing. My life has been changed. :) Everything's different, and this Christmas means more to me than ever. It's almost like becoming a Christian for the first time. I guess it kind of is. Really amazing. :)

My family's been going through some tough times. My dad has a semi-serious health problem that we've all been dealing with, and it's been troubling. My brother was in a car accident a few weeks ago, totaled my dad's car (which didn't make him very happy), but thankfully was not injured. So, on top of his health troubles, he's been looking for a new car. Also, my brother's car died around the same time, after he foolishly went through a giant pool of water. This week could have been traumatic for me, but thankfully was not. I was driving home from the church, during rush hour, and decided to take a shortcut by taking a side road and cutting over to another street. It was dusk, and rainy, and while driving down this 2-lane road, there was a van turning right, into the lane going the opposite direction as I was. There would be no reason for me to really notice or care, because they were signaling to turn right, not crossing any lanes. However, I could see as they were pulling out, that their wheels were not turning. I was going about 45 mph, and kept watching. The van kept pulling out, straight towards my vehicle. I could see they were going to hit me, so I swerved a bit, towards the ditch, and hit my brakes. I think I honked my horn as well, I'm not sure. But I braced myself for the impact I knew was going to happen, but it never came. I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw the van stop on the road behind me. What I didn't realize was that the van hit the car behind me instead. I don't even really know how it happened, but I was so thankful it wasn't me. I could hardly believe it, I knew the van was going to at least smash into the back of my car, especially because I braked, but due to God's guiding hand, it missed me. I stayed as a witness for the other lady, and thankfully it wasn't terrible damage. God knows how to keep us.

I think that's about it for now. Maybe I'll get some pictures posted later. Hope you are having a great Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment