Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fun at the Library

As you may or may not know, I work at my local library and enjoy it very much. I have so many hilarious little things that happen but I usually forget them by the time I get home. Sadly, my memory loss is earlier than most. While I don't have a funny story, I do have a funny/pet peeve story.

Without fail, no matter what day or time of day it is, how busy or how dead the library is, when I go over to the DVDs with a cart of new ones to shelve, within a minute, I am surrounded by at least 1 anxious patron. The DVD section will be empty, no one in sight, no one looking at it, but without fail, as soon as I walk over there to shelve DVDs, it's like a feeding frenzy, the sharks smell the fresh blood and attack. It makes me laugh, and they always pretend I'm not in their way, although I know I am, so I usually politely leave the cart there and walk away while they attack. It's quite hilarious. I'm sure there's a phenomenon for that.

Thank you for reading yet another random story from my life. Tune in next time to hear...Ok, I won't tell you because I don't know yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. Deal?

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you worked at the library. How fun! I used to want to work in the library, way back when I was deciding what to do for work, but the libraries in Canada are kinda hard to get into.

    Too funny about the dvds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete