Thursday, August 2, 2012

Off to Belgium...

Those of you who know me know I've been meaning to make it over to Belgium to visit a very special friend! Well, I finally booked my ticket and am here! I'm loving it here. Beautiful architecture, although the outside of their houses leave a little to be desired in the way of creativity, good food, warm weather (so far), adorable baby, and amazing friend! What more could one ask for?

I got here Tuesday afternoon with little trouble other than some very annoying children who kicked the back of my seat nearly the entire 9 hour flight. I figured out the train with little trouble, although I did get on the wrong train. However, due to some "traffic" I arrived the same time as the original train so all was well. Some lovely Belgians were extremely kind and helped me with my excessively heavy luggage. I was happy to see L and M at Wetteren!


The first night I slept for 12 hours! It was lovely! I was low on sleep from all the wedding prep from last week and from the time change. We went to Holland for their lovely beach because it was 29 celcius! We all had a lovely time. (The adorable monkey shirt is from Cabo.)














Last Thursday (July 26) after cleaning at the church, we traveled to the lovely town of Gent. It's the capital city of East Flanders province. They were cleaning up from their famous 10 day festival and we got free parking! Mateo, my friend's adorable baby, was the perfect little shopper despite the heat and lack of desirable food. We walked all around enjoying beautiful sights and taking advantage of their great summer sales.

L was determined to find this "nunnery" but we were unsuccessful, despite walking down some sketchy streets. L was able to find some good deals and I found these yummy looking treats for my beloved family. The weather was amazingly warm and apparently the UV rays were extremely high. Thankfully, I got some sun! I tried a delicious Belgian waffle with yummy ice cream and berry sauce. It was very yummy! We also saw some free washrooms... Visited this old church, St. Michael's church. It was Catholic, but surprisingly not so creepy. I love stained glass windows! They are super cool! Oh, and did I say how much I love Mateo? He's simply adorable! Hardly cried the entire day! He's a born shopper. :)

Funny story behind this :P
:)


Happy little shopper


Meat shop...ick!




















I have lots more pictures and more updates but this will have to suffice for now.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So happy to see an update from you & to hear such exciting news of you being in Belgium!! Looking forward to more news & fabulous pictures :))

    ReplyDelete