Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend In Seattle

Last weekend I went to Seattle with some friends to help celebrate a birthday! It was a fun-filled weekend! I was able to borrow my brother's camera, only to discover it had a tiny memory card which only held 90 photos. So, I had to take some pics on my cell phone, which you all know is pretty terrible quality and to beg some photos off the other girls who went. I still have yet to do the latter.

We stayed Friday night in a lovely hotel and then headed down to Pioneer Square Saturday morning to visit the Underground. Sounds scary, I know, but don't worry, we didn't see any ghosts or get kidnapped. We did see lots of junk and learn lots about Seattle's history. I was going to link to their website, but unfortunately, the website and the brochures made it sound somewhat sketchy, although the tour actually wasn't. So, if you happen to visit their website and see sketchy stuff, believe me, it wasn't on the tour, and excuse their poor taste.



(the above photos are all from the tour)

After the amazing Underground tour, we headed to the Cheesecake Factory! I've never been there before as the line has always been out the door, but was very pleased with my lunch and delicious Dulce de Leche Caramel cheesecake.


After gorging ourselves on a late lunch and delicious cheesecake, we headed down to our beloved Pike St. Market. The birthday girl had heard about the infamous gum wall and wanted to find it. After looking around on the top level at all the amazing sights and stands, we decided to venture down below. I arbitrarily pointed to a slope and suggested taking it. When we got to the bottom, lo and behold...



That's right! The gum wall! Why my fascination, you may ask? Well, for those of you who don't know me well, I had a gum collection on my headboard when I was little. I know, I know, disgusting and unsanitary and so unlike the new and improved me you all know and love, but what can I say, I was 12! :P And yes, I did add my gum to the wall that day. I need to get the picture so you can see it.

We did eventually find our way to the real lower level and met a hilarious bookstore owner. He read love poems to our birthday girl.

We were accosted by a poor homeless man who "just wanted a sandwich" on our way back to the car, but he left us alone pretty quickly.

A very eventful weekend indeed! We shall say nothing of Tom or the 1-way street incident. Some things are best left unsaid...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time! I've only been to the cheesecake factory one time and it was delicious!!! I have never seen that wall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, joshua & i went on the underground tour too! although you got some pretty nice clear pictures of it. Isn't it funny how back before digital 90 pictures would have seemed like a lot & now its like nothing! haha :) looks like a blast ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Jessica's pictures on FB. Sounds (and looks) like a fun trip! All but the gum wall that is. That made me gag a little just looking at the pics! :p

    ReplyDelete