Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wounded Soldier

I don't know if you've ever heard this song before but it's been a huge blessing to me.

Wounded Soldier

You went out to the front lines

Committed to the cause

You fought the fight of faith

You truly gave your all

But now you lie there wounded

With a bleeding heart

You cry for help but help just seems so far

And you wonder where the other soldiers are

I am coming for you, Wounded Soldier,

And I will gently carry you upon my shoulder

I will give you time to mend,

Until you can fight again

There’s no need to fear

I am right here, Wounded Soldier

Sometimes our greatest battles

Are fought within our soul

No one sees your struggles

‘Cause you wont let it show

But you’re the walking wounded

Pretending to be strong

When deep inside you’re barely hanging on

And it’s hard to find the courage to go on



I've always really liked it and always thought of so many other people it applied to until this week, I realized it applied to me.

Somewhere along the road, a few months ago, I got wounded and have been laying on the battlefield, so to speak, dazed and confused.


I've been looking around, wondering where everyone is, struggling to get up and every time, get knocked back down. I felt like giving up. I know I'm Christian, but it's so hard and I'm so busy...

I was confused, scared, but I don't think it ever showed. I do a great job of hiding it. I didn't even really realize I was wounded, or at least, I didn't admit it.

But this week, especially during Wed. night service, it hit me and I realized what was wrong this whole time. This song came to my mind and I've been thinking about it ever since.

It's not easy being a Christian. What makes it even harder is realizing you can't and should not rely on other people for your experience, it has to be a personal walk with God. No friend or family or church member can make you a Christian, it has to be personal to you.

Being confused is not of God. He is not the author of confusion. I am believing that and keeping that in my thoughts.

This last quote I love so much: "It's ok folks, we're Christians!"

May you be blessed and wrapped in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment