Sunday, February 14, 2010

Where Have I Been?

I know it's been a very long time since I last posted and the promised pictures never came, but no one really reads this so it doesn't really matter much anyways. I have been busy with school and work. I am taking 20 credits this quarter, have 3 research projects plus a bunch of other papers and projects due. I am swamped in writing. Work is basically the same old. Still fun though. Nothing much new except the Olympics are in full swing now. Not so surprisingly for me, the borders have been completely empty. Everyone was all worked up about it, but it's been totally fine and I expect it to stay that way. I think there's a possibility of it being a bit more backed up in the days after the Olympics, but not much. I'm not a huge fan of the Olympics, but I would like to say that the USA is once again in the lead for overall medals. (cough cough) :P

Life is going on, God's answering prayers, I'm falling more and more in love with Him. I've made a few drastic realizations but things are still going the same, no major changes yet.

Oh, I totally forgot.....it's practically Spring time here! You wouldn't believe it unless you were here. While the rest of the country and a good portion of the world is suffering under feet of snow (all thanks to that Global Warming I'm told), we here in the Pacific Northwest are enjoying surprisingly Springtime weather. Temperatures up to about 60 have already been had. The sun has been very present. These two have caused flowers and vegetation to grow. Trees are blooming already. Flowers are sprouted and starting to bloom. It's totally crazy, but fabulous. I've been praying for nice weather since last year and I think God is granting us a gorgeous year because of our horrid summer last year (it was nearly non-existent). Unfortunately, that means there is no snow for the Olympics and the mountains have had to make some adjustments. Kind of funny, both times Canada has hosted the winter Olympics, the weather has been terrible. Makes me think they are not meant to have them.

Ok, enough rambling. If anyone reads this, I hope you have a fabulous rest of your February!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of that spring-like weather you guys are having! We are still deeply entrenched in winter here..... :(

    Don't get discouraged. Just keep on writing to your blog, even if you don't feel like anyone is reading it. Lack of comments doesn't always mean lack of readers. I went through the same thing when I started my blog, and was about to quit, when someone told me the same thing I'm about to tell you.

    You have to decide for whom you are writing your blog. Is it for yourself? If so, then who cares if anyone reads it. Trust me, you'll love having it to look back on in years to come.

    If you're writing for others and wanting readers, then you need to start coming up with material that will interest your readers and bring them in. (Not saying that I find your material NON interesting.)

    So don't get discouraged. You're busy, and that's great, so maybe it's good not to have a huge amount of fans to keep up with. :)

    Good luck!!! I do enjoy reading your blog. I just haven't had much time for reading and writing these last few months.

    ReplyDelete